[rt-devel] RT Optimizations

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 10:57:13 EDT 2003

--- Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> --- Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> > It would be helpful if you could turn on database logging and see what
> > of all that is actually taking a long time.
>
> I may confirm that it's rather slow. We're running the previous pre-release
> with Atrijus' mail autohandler patch, Sun Ultra II 400 Mhz, 256 Mb RAM.
> We limited the number of Apache processes, so RAM is not much of an issue.

now we've upgraded RAM up to 1GB.

Upgrading from 3.0.2pre4 to pre6, with Searchbuilder 0.81, didn't much
improve:

the home page with 10 ticket subjects (I own.. I requested...) is loaded in 4-5
seconds.

Ticket display (11 correspomdence parts and 2 file attachments) takes 11-13 seconds.

Mysql process doesn't take more than 2% of the CPU time, the rest is taken by the
Apache httpd.

I'll be glad to make more tests if you give me a clue what can be tested.

Regards,
Stan