[rt-devel] RT 3.0.2 I18N patch proposal

Remy Chibois rchibois at free.fr
Tue May 20 04:22:58 EDT 2003

Quoting Dirk Pape <pape-rt at inf.fu-berlin.de>:

[...]
> ok, I digged more into this and found that the patch to share/html/l is
> the
> problem. I think it is wrong!

This is why I wanted people using international chars to test it.
What LANG are you using ?
What are your InputEncoding and OutputEncoding in RT_SiteConfig.pm ?
This is strange. I tried numerous things before patching, such as
changing LANG ou using a fresh database, but localized strings were
no longer displaying correctly in the web interfce when I switched from
3.0.1 to 3.0.2.
Do other localized strings display correctly (is it a umlaut specific
issue) ?
Without the patch, are all international chars displayed correctly
(interface and/or emails) ?

My setup is:
RT-3.0.2 on RH 7.3
perl 5.8.0
modperl 1
apache 1.3.27
LANG=en_US.iso885915 (also tried with LANG=C)

Can other people using international chars post their experiences and
setup ?

[...]

> I will open another thread with what I think are the actual issues with
>
> international character handling in RT. They are the only things, which
>
> stop me to make rt 3 productive.

rt 3 is used daily here and I'm doing my best to help correct those
I18N problems which poison that great software. Perhaps can we work a
bit on the patch so that it works for you ?

--
   Remy