[rt-devel] rt2-to-rt3 status and RPM's for depenencies

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Wed May 28 18:00:40 EDT 2003

[Please keep list discussion on the list. Thanks.]

mixo wrote:
> Well  'dumpfile-to-rt-3.0' requires rt3 to be installed locally, and
> 'rt-2.0-to-dumpfile' requires rt2.

Correct.

> Correct if I am wrong, but this means that one cannot export rt2 data
> from one machine to another

You're wrong. :-) Run rt-2.0-to-dumpfile on the machine with
RT2 installed, copy the data over to the RT3 machine, and run
dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 there.

> Total time taken for the export: 4 hours, 13 minutes

I've seen worse.

> >That's why the importer has an incremental mode. Read the README.
> Well, I just got the production dump, and its 24 Gigs ...

You *really* want to make yourself familar with that incremental
exporter, then.
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.