[rt-devel] database integrity check

Jamie Wilkinson jaq at spacepants.org
Fri May 30 01:03:30 EDT 2003

This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 02:46:47PM +1000, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>> This one time, at band camp, Jesse Vincent wrote:
>> >Can you try backing down that Searchbuilder down to the last release?
>> >Perl modules with _ in the version string are "dev version, use at your
>> >own risk".  CPAN won't auto-install them for you.
>>
>> I rolled back to 0.81_03, which I had been using.  I'll install the latest
>> stable version and see what happens.  I've also rolled back RT to 3.0.1 and
>> things are working again, so I don't think I've broken the database...
>
>Did you test with only one part rolled back? It's hard for me to debug
>something when you change two big things at once.
>

>> though if you'd like a feature request, a "make dbcheck" target that checks
>> your database schema matches the schema file would be great.
>
>Do you have a recommendation of any code that can actually _do_ this?

Heh, no.  I'm thinking of something that looks at the schema file and then
calls Pg or mysql metacommands to check the schema of the table in the
database.  Of course, I'd be surprised if a CPAN module hasn't already been
written that does this ;-)

Wishlist, of course.

--
jaq at spacepants.org                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg