[rt-devel] Bug

Ian Grant Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 30 07:34:14 EDT 2003

> RT 3.0.2 does not forward the headers when it reports a possible bounce. I
> just get the log entries and a message to the admin address saying
>
> "RT thinks this message may be a bounce"
>
> followed by the body of the suspect message.
>
> The headers would be more useful in this case.

More on this: the headers in fact are sent with the message, but they are
banged up against the boundary and there are no MIME-part-headers for the
part. MUAs will therefore silently ignore the extraneous (as they see it)
MIME-part-headers. See the message below for an example.

The MIME-part-headers should read

there should then be a CRLF CRLF followed by the headers of the forwarded
message. Here's the example of the erroneous message rt-3-0-2 currently sends
out: