[rt-devel] http gateaway for submiting tickets

levon ghazaryan levon at mail.desy.de
Sat Nov 8 14:07:15 EST 2003

Hi all,
has rt a public(no authorisation) HTTP POST gateway
for submiting tickets, like through the mail gateway?
the mail gateway has some restrictions, particularly you can't
define some initial ticket status or owner on submition.

if there is nothing like this already implemented, a template could be the
NEW TICKET form. I mean a POST gateway already exists, but as far as I
know an authorisation is required for submiting the form.

I think of writing a small minimodule, that would
provide this gateway (if it doesn't already exist), a module
that would use a similar(or just the same) way of creating
a ticket. for example the same function call, or
maybe it should pass the content to the gateway
used by the NEW TICKET form(just a thought;)

if anybody thinks that I should know something before I start
to write this module (particular point to start on insources or docu if
some on this subject is there maybe some ideas how and were)
- any comments are apreciated.

Levon