[rt-devel] (no subject)

Andrew Stribblehill a.d.stribblehill at durham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 12:29:43 EST 2003

Quoting Tammy Dugan <tdugan at progeny.com> (2003-11-10 15:54:31 GMT):
> My name is Tammy Dugan and my company has given me the task of changing
> some of the code for RT.  I only started learning Perl last week so it
> is hard for me to understand the nuances of the RT code.  I would
> appreciate suggestions about how to add my own changes to the RT code
> while still being able to easily upgrade RT (i.e. make as little changes
> to the core RT code as possible).  From what I can tell, I should use
> code overlays and custom components to change the code and html.  Am I
> on the right track or is there a better solution? I appreciate any help
> you can give me.

No, that sounds right. If you're using the Debian package (in sid and
sarge) you'll have to put them into:

/usr/local/share/request-tracker3
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/lib
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/po
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/etc
/usr/local/share/request-tracker3/html

Any problems with the Debian package, please just file a report with
the Debian BTS.

--
PORTLAND PLYMOUTH
SOUTHEASTERLY 3 OR 4 OCCASIONALLY 5. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR