[rt-devel] Re: RT 3.0.7pre2

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Nov 10 16:25:03 EST 2003

> Thanks for a practical response, Ruslan, but trying to work out 'which
> files/functions have changed from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7' from that isn't so easy.

Would generating patches between stable releases suit your needs? That's
definitely something we can do.

Really, if you're making deep changes to any third-party product, you
probably want to be dropping those releases into some sort of revision
control system such as cvs, svn, aegis or bitkeeper to track the deltas.

> If I could write a report of 'which files have been modified since
> such-and-such a date' to run across the data that aegis is reporting, that
> would give me what I need, but doing this via the web (or via CVS) isn't
> so simple.

cvs diff -D doesn't do what you want?