[rt-devel] Cc's not sent to on Ticket Creation

G. Richard Bellamy rbellamy at pteradigm.com
Wed Nov 12 23:18:21 EST 2003

Phil,

Thanks for taking the time to give me a hand.

OnCreate AutoReply to Requestors.

This should work, no?

On further investigation, no, that won't work. And again, on further investigation, it appears Cc's shouldn't be sent the an email - the OnCreate condition doesn't know that the ticket is being created via the Web UI. If the ticket was being created through the normal email channel, we wouldn't want to send email to the Cc's, as they would already be recipients.

So, rather than helping me find a bug that isn't there, I'll need some guidance on the best way to handle the use case - send an email OnCreate to Cc's unless the OnCreate is fired by an incoming email.

My problem was that I was thinking of the Ticket Creation process as the same as a Correspondence. Silly me.