[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] rt3.0.7_01 rt_setup_database fails w/postgres

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Sun Nov 30 05:17:41 EST 2003

>> Can anyone being bitten by this confirm that simply removing the BEGIN
>> and COMMIT from the postgres datafile fixes this issue?

JV> And tested on my debian box.  This change has entered the repo as change
JV> #371. It will be released as part of 3.0.8.   3.0.8 will likely be a
JV> fairly minor update released in early december to fix a number of small
JV> issues folks have been running into.

I'm not sure it is the right fix.  My testing (actually, just firing
up mod_perl on my main site) dumps core due to DBD::Pg 1.3.  Backing
down to 1.22 results in a very stable system.  My httpd does some
queries upon startup, and the crash happens within DBD::Pg while
fetching a row.

Personally, I'd mark DBD::Pg 1.3 as unstable currently, and recommend
1.22 instead.