[rt-devel] Truncated mail attachments

Iain Price iain.price at post.serco.com
Wed Oct 1 11:34:01 EDT 2003

Iain Price wrote:

> Ok, i stuck an axe in it and put apache 2.0.47 on there with modperl
> 1.99_10 which is the latest, seem to have the same problems still....
> since i'm gutting things i'll try an apache 1.3 setup on here
>
> iain

Ok, i spent a while trying to recompile redhat 7.2 SRPMS for apache 1.3
etc for redhat 9 and well, got it working eventually but then things
barfed saying the 'message' parameters wasn't getting there at all (!)
so i gave up on that and cleaned down all the apaches and reinstalled
1.3.27 and mod_perl 1.26 manually from source...  I *think* this has
done the trick - i was getting a 'timeout' uploading the 750k attachment
from the cmd line directly (although it succeeded) and from emails it
seems to transparently work..... I have users complaining about some
things like getting logged out and stuff but i've been unable to
replicate this so far and am not convinved of their problems yet :)

But it certainly seems there is some issue regarding mod_perl 2 even on
the latest builds truncating things :(  i should probably RTFM for
mod_perl :P......

I've another report to file but i'll do it under a separate thread ...
you must love it when i come back to RT in my work cycle hehe

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll follow up if anything more interesting
arises :P

Iain