[rt-devel] Sorting lists in RT?

Ross Patterson Ross.Patterson at CatchFS.Com
Fri Oct 10 21:44:47 EDT 2003

We're new to RT here , and in working with the 3.0.5 web interface we've been
surprised at how many unsorted lists there are, especially in the admin
interface.  Things like rights-lists for users, or the users themselves,
etc., some of which can get large enough that hunting for a specific item
would be "fun".  Is this by design or just the current state of affairs?  If
we were to go about changing these lists to be display sorted, would the
patches be welcome?

On a related point, what's the preferred technique for sorting?  In some
cases, the Perl code sorts an array of retrieved database items, in other
cases the items are retrieved using an OrderBy() call.  Is there One True
Way, or is RT sorting-agnostic?

Thanks for the good work so far!
--
Ross A. Patterson