[rt-devel] rt3 on redhat 9 (using rpms)

Mixo Shiburi mixo at coza.net.za
Thu Oct 16 03:26:33 EDT 2003

I have just installed rt 3.0.6 and imported data from rt 2.0.15 using
version 1.20 of the import scripts. All data seems to have been imported
properly but I have a few concerns due to the following messages during
the import:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Subroutine validate_with redefined at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux//Params/ValidatePP.pm line 281.
Importing users
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oct 15 16:34:47 localhost RT: Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne
(!=) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line
669.  (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:247)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(for all the imported users)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Importing groups
gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrqqqqqqqqImporting tickets...t-1
File is not a perl storable at blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit into
blib/lib/auto/Storable/_retrieve.al) line
323, at dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 489
.t-2
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(for all the imported tickets)

Most of the required perl modules were met using RPMS from
   http://www.quantumlinux.com/~kevin/rpmpan/
which are intended for perl 5.6.1 -- a grave worry.
Others modules were build using "cpan2rpm" from

ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/cpan2rpm/cpan2rpm-2.019-1.noarch.rpm

Is this setup safe to use? Should I be concerned about those message I
got from the import?

My setup
   redhat 9
   perl 5.8.0 (from redhat)
   rt-3.0.6
   mysql 3.23
   apache2

P.S If anyone is interested I can send them a step by step setup of the
process.