[rt-devel] About RTx::Report and DBIx::ReportBuilder

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Mon Oct 20 04:18:57 EDT 2003

Autrijus Tang wrote:

>This is just a heads-up to say that, since my company's deal with
>a client to produce a RT-based report generation tools will soon
>be delivered in full, I will be able to release parts of it to the
>RT community, under the Perl license and/or GPL.
>
>Here are some screen shots:
>
>    http://wagner.elixus.org/~autrijus/report_screenshots.html
>
>Features of this system including:
>
>- Access any SQL sources accessible from SearchBuilder,
>  including mysql, Pg, SQLite, Oracle and ODBC.
>- Make reports with text, table, graph, image and subreports.
>- Wysiwyg design interface.
>- Fine-grained permission settings based on RT's ACL/Groups system.
>- Supports all GD::Graph types.
>- Supports all SearchBuilder operations (Limit, Join, OrderBy),
>  as well as draw data directly from left-joined tables.
>- User-definable variables, so you can customize outputs each time.
>- Reports are saved in XML format, with import/export functions.
>- Renders reports in XHTML, PDF, MSExcel and OpenOffice formats.
>- Thoroughly internationalized.
>
>Currently, RTx::Reports and DBIx::ReportBuilder both exist on
>CPAN already, and other parts will be announced formally in due time.
>
>The only missing piece of functionality that I'm still working
>on is SearchBuilder->GroupBy, which will allow reports to use
>statistics functions like Stddev() or Sum().
>
>It is my wish that, once it has been made generally available,
>maybe people can help putting some alternative UI together, such
>as an interface compatible to the current Statistics3 pages.
>
>Thanks,
>/Autrijus/

Autrijus,
this looks like superseding the Statistics package completely regarding
functionality and flexibility.
Congratulations to a great job very well done! Actually, this is what I
wished for the Statistics package to eventually evolve into, if I
understand You right.

Is it compatible with RT 3.0.4?

Regards,
    Harald