[rt-devel] Truncated mail attachments

Iain Price iain.price at post.serco.com
Tue Sep 30 08:55:34 EDT 2003

Hi again,

I'm back on RT stuff for a few days it seems, I've just upgraded our
install to 3.0.5 and happy to see improvements in the searching and
stuff, however we are still having problems with email attachments.

please let me know if this has already been addressed or discussed, i've
been on this list for a while now and not seen it but we all miss stuff
from time to time....

what i've found so far:
during a capture of traffic from rt-mailgate to the REST thing in the
website, i noticed that the content-length is fine (just over 1meg on
this) but the REST server responds with its 200 mid-stream...
if i open a dumb listener on 80 and re-send, mailgate does send  the
entire message, so problem seems to be REST server side?

the attachment generally turns out at around 4k and is not very usable

attachments from the web pages work just fine (up to 750k long worked fine)

I know we've a few customisations on our RT here, generally nothing more
than the display-level stuff (web page customisations, brief tampering
with parts of the rendering code) but i dont believe we have anything
that should have caused this, i've never been that far down into RT's
guts before...

so, anyone else have these kind of problems?  anyone got any suggestions
on what i should try, advice, etc?  have i just missed a very obvious
setting somewhere :O ?

Thanks,

Iain