[rt-devel] Bug/oversight in templates and fix

James Terry james.c.terry at yale.edu
Tue Sep 30 12:02:41 EDT 2003

Not very long at all.  I'm just entering in text, and I get around 1328
bytes of reliability before bad things (bad things = truncation) start to
happen.  Playing around, I was able to successfully formulate strings of
text of size up to 1508 that went through okay, but after a certain point,
the form submission started eating the remainder.  Curiously, when this
truncation occurs, it always snaps the limit back to 1328.

This is with Apache 2.0.40-21.3, the default version that ships w/ Red Hat
9.  (Yes, I know Red Hat is bad for a lot of things, but I feel like my
solution is pretty simple.)