No subject

Sun Apr 11 16:02:46 EDT 2004

the actual .html mason components OR we'll use mason's oo features
to let us override the default

TODO: [for 2.0]
RT2's web queue view doesn't currently do any kind of sorting. we should fix that.

FEATURE REQUEST:
Window titles should include instance name and information
about the current page being viewed. [note that the former is done already]

TODO: [for 2.0]
The WebUI for users needs to have "Create Ticket" functionality. [first it needs to exist]

FEATURE IDEA:
Maybe there should be a "beginner mode" for the webui which hides a lot
of the functionality and provides copious online help.

Configurability:

FEATURE REQUEST:
It should be easy to move the Ticket Tag to the end of the line when
generating mail messages.

BLUE SKY FEATURE REQUEST:
Being able to add arbitrary extra schema to a given queue would be really nice.
This probably won't happen for 2.0, but might come along with 2.1. We should
look at how keystone does it.  The keywords system may reduce the need for this.

Ticket Searching:

FEATURE REQUEST:
It should be possible to get a count of tickets that match a search, rather
than the full listing.

RESOLUTION:
The default view for ticket search results should be ~100 tickets rather than
unlimited.

FEATURE REQUEST:
It should be possible to perform an action on all tickets returned
by a search.

Uncategorized/unexplained

BLUE SKY FEATURE REQUEST:
The user should be able to mark a transaction as "send no email" or as "private"
[note that jesse disagrees with these somewhat]

BLUE SKY FEATURE REQUEST:
signoff: everyone should read and comment before resolution.

BLUE SKY FEATURE REQUEST:
xml output
[We'll probably see this around 2.1]

RANDOM THOUGHT:
how do you send mail to queue members of a queue _without_ generating a ticket
be sure to prevent mail loops

FEATURE REQUEST:
recursive transactions.  show some of the transactions from linked reuqests.

BLUE SKY FEATURE REQUEST:
plugin system for describing what transactions to view about linked requests.

FEATURE REQUEST: [for ~2.1]
scrips should batch actions. maybe we should prepare all the mail messages and only commit once. maybe with a cleanup action.