[rt-devel] How to add custom field

Cerion Armour-Brown cerion at open-works.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 11:20:09 EST 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 17:09, Kuldeep Singh Tomar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry was away from office, so could not reply on list. I found this
> method to be easier than others but it did not work. I have installed
> this scrip and in my template put the text:
>
> Location | "Body" | Delhi |
>
> where Location is my custom field with having 2 options "Delhi or Pune"
> and I want to extract text from Body with value "Delhi" or "Pune"

1) Take the quotes off 'Body'
2) the third field is a regular expresion.
So, if you do something like:
Location|Body|Location:\s*(Delhi|Pune)|
This'll accept the values Delhi, Pune from the line in the email body, e.g.
Location: Delhi

If you don't want the 'Location: ' bit, and just want to search on a line that
has only those values on it, you might want something like:
Location|Body|^(Delhi|Pune)$|

Hope that's clear,
Cerion

P.S. There's _lots_ of perl refs on the web, e.g.:
http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.2/pod/perlreref.pod