[Rt-devel] custom field search bug in RT 3.2.1

Daniel E. Eisenbud eisenbud at cbio.mskcc.org
Fri Aug 6 22:14:21 EDT 2004

It turns out that if you have custom fields with apostrophes in their
names, the new search builder gets massively confused.  You can put them
into a search OK, but as soon as you try to hit the arrow or and/or
buttons, all hell breaks loose.

I can't provide more detail right this second because we did an
sudden downgrade pending a better plan to train our users in the new
interface.  It's definitely more powerful and I will like it more, but
some of the people who need to use this over the week that I'm on
vacation would be totally lost.

Also, I couldnt get any user but root to successfully save a search.  It
just didn't save.  No error messages in the RT or apache logs.  Is there
any trick to that?

-Dan

--
Daniel E. Eisenbud