[Rt-devel] Sample apache2 config files anywhere?

David Moore dave at wcn.co.uk
Tue Aug 17 14:38:27 EDT 2004

Apache 2 has more than httpd.conf

Eg:

Mod_perl.conf
Vhosts/rt.conf
mod_perl-startup.pl
etc...

If I just create a virtual hosts file as suggested, I get:

Invalid command 'PerlModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

I can get apache to start by moving things to other files, eg in
mod_perl.conf, put

>  PerlModule Apache::DBI
>   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>
>    PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
>    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

>    <Location />
>        SetHandler perl-script
>        PerlHandler RT::Mason
>    </Location>

and apache will start, however I always get broken install page saying I am
almost there....

Please is there _any_ page out there that will actually tell me how to
configure apache for this, without just giving one virtual hosts listing
that doesn't work (as in manual)?

I have a dedicated server for this running SuSE 9.1 in order to install /
modify anything that RT requires - however just want a docu with "If you are
using apache2, do this..."

Thanks

Dave