[Rt-devel] How to use the Attributes table?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 16 12:44:05 EST 2004

At Thursday 12/16/2004 09:42 AM, Todd Chapman wrote:
>Don't you need to associate the attribute with an ObjectId?
>
> > my $attr = new RT::Attribute($session{'CurrentUser'});
> > my @results = $attr->Create (Name => $Name,           #   Name of the
> atribute
> >                           Content
> =>  $Value,                                # Value you want to store
> >                           ContentType => $ValueType,                 #
> I used "String"
> >                           Object => $Object);                       #
> Object you want to attach the
> > attribute to (in my case a RT::User object)

Well, with an object, strictly speaking - in my case I was attaching the
attribute to a user, so I passed in the RT::User object to the attribute's
Create method. Alternatively you could pass Object ID & Object Type to the
Create method.

Steve