[rt-devel] ShowRequestor hurts performace on RT 3.0.9 (and earlier)

Daniel Foster daniel at 34SP.com
Mon Feb 16 10:51:30 EST 2004

Hi folks,

We've noticed some major slowness, which we hoped would be solved by
upgrading to RT3 along with significantly beefing up the server it was
on.  After a lot of planning we did these upgrades, only to be greeted
by time measured in minutes to open tickets.  3.0.9 helped, but it was
still a painfully slow process.

The incremental loading of 3.0.9 did show us one thing - that it was the
ShowRequestor box's previous ticket display that was causing the slowdown.

I commented out line 69 of html/Ticket/Elements/ShowSummary (the line
that includes ShowRequestor) and sure enough, the time take to display
tickets has fallen from minutes to a couple of seconds.

Is there a fundamental problem with this Element or is it just that the
SQL queries it performs really do take ages?

--
Daniel Foster
Technical Director