[rt-devel] Upgrading with rt2-to-rt3 1.20 (again)

Matthew D. Stock stock at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Jan 23 08:37:52 EST 2004

Daniel Foster writes:
 > Trying this again.  rt-2.0-to-dumpfile went fine, dumpfile-to-rt-3.0
 > started running, finished importing the users and got the following:
 >
 > u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.u.
 > Importing groups
 > grrrrrrrrq[Thu Jan 22 16:56:41 2004] [crit]: Can't locate object method
 > "new" via package "RT::Scrip" (perhaps you forgot to load "RT::Scrip"?)
 > at ./dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 line 388.
 >   (/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT.pm:254)
 >
 > Any idea why this is?

A ran into this myself on Mac OS X Server.  I just added a "use RT::Scrip;"
to the script and all was well.  I didn't have time at that point to see if
someone had already reported the problem.

Oh, while we're talking about the import tools...  I also needed to make a
code change so that I could move data from a FreeBSD server to Mac OS X
because of the endian difference.  I'll see if I can dig up the minor
change I made.  If I recall, it was just a minor change to the export to
use a endian-independant Data::Dumper function.
  -Matt

--
Matthew D. Stock <stock at cse.buffalo.edu>
Director of Information Technology