[Rt-devel] Mapping LDAP to RT3 users

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 21 10:28:29 EDT 2004

Greets -

Using the WebExternalAutoInfo() method I'm mapping LDAP attributes from
our corporate directory to an RT user. I'm a bit unsure about some of
the RT user attributes. The fields I question the most are listed below:

Name -> Appears to be the user id and different from RealName
Disabled -> bit field for enabled / disable user
Privileged -> bit field for has privileges
RealName -> LDAP common name (CN) like 'Scott Russell'
ExternalAuthId -> ???
Gecos -> ???

It would be very helpful if someone could explain how RT uses Name,
ExternalAuthId, and Gecos.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center