[Rt-devel] DBIx::SearchBuilder and two database connections

Tina Schade Tina.Schade at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 05:32:20 EDT 2004

Hello folks,

I have the problem that my RT-Search doesn´t work correctly. The reason is
that I have createt a second local DBIx::Handle for my own database
connection. Now RT  searches for tickets in my database sometimes, but of
course it couldn´t find relation tickets in my database. But RT does it not
always. Sometimes I get results, when I click two or three time the reload
button!

When I created the $CDB::Handle global, so RT works but searchs always in my
own database, although the Handle has different names and parameters.

I create the local $CDB::Handle connection in my own autohandler, which is in
path /rt3/share/html/Ticket/. I also tried to disconnect my database in
/rt3/share/html/autohandler, with no success.

It also doesn´t work to create my $handle = DBIx::SearchBuilder->new() in my
own autohandler.

Now my question. Does I can use DBIx::SearchBuilder for my second database
connection? Does SearchBuilder bear up more than one database-connection in
one application, expecially RT?
How can I realise two database-connection else, without creating  and closing
a connection in every file I need it?

I use DBIx::SearchBuilder 1.00_06, a Postgres database, RT 3.0.11, with Apache
2 and mod_perl2 on a SuSE 9.1 system.

Thanks for your help!

Grettings,
Tina