[Rt-devel] SearchBuilder::Record::Cacheable study and call for comments

Matt Knopp mhat at netlag.com
Wed Jun 16 11:01:54 EDT 2004

Incidently I've been thinking about making a new Cacheable.

Limiting the lifespan of the cache to a single request is one good
way to make Cacheable better. Though off the top of my head I'm
thinking it'll be fairly hard to refactor Cacheable to do that. I
think you'll basically have to rewrite it, or you could cheat and
clobber both of it's global stores.

So the new Cacheable I've been thinking about would use 'memcached'
rather then trying to do it's own thing. One of the major perks of
using 'memcached' is that the cache can be shared across any number
of processess/threads/servers.

Using 'memcached' may also turn out to be really painful with SB.

--
Matt