[rt-devel] How to add custom field

Matthew D. Stock stock at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Mar 30 12:25:58 EST 2004

Paul Barmaksezian writes:
 > I think this may solve another issue I posted (about resolving tickets
 > via email).  I applied the patch, but not sure if it's working.  Where
 > exactly do I specify something like "X-status: resolved"?  Is that in
 > the body of the email or in the Subject or somewhere else?

They're headers, and so you need them to be in the header block along with
other headers like Subject and Date and so forth.  Adding headers may be
difficult to do in some mail readers.  It's possible to do the parsing from
the body, but it would make the code a lot more complex.  Given my
target audience, I didn't think it was worth the bother.
  -Matt