[Rt-devel] No multithreading?

Matt Knopp mhat at netlag.com
Thu May 13 11:58:41 EDT 2004

You should also try running more fcgi processes. The default number of
processes is something silly like 1 process. In this case each request
is going to be waiting for previous N requests to finish. Run more and
you should see a fair bit better performance.

I was running on a single cpu P3/700 for quite a while. We had around
10 people using RT and almost never saw timeout issues; the few times
we did were when people tried to view very big tickets that took more
then 30seconds to display.

Eg:
  FastCgiServer -processes <4|6|N>

Also unless you are using the perl based process manager [which you
surely aren't since I don't think I ever submitted it to jesse] you
will also want to delay how quickly each process starts up. Initing
a fcgi process is fairly expensive.

Eg:
  FastCgiServer -processes <N> --init-start-delay <S>

I think I have my delay set to either 30 or 45 seconds.

--
Matt