[Rt-devel] rt2-to-rt3-1.23 out of memory

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun May 30 22:17:58 EDT 2004

`

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 11:59:01AM +1000, Robert Loomans wrote:

> I'm not sure if the kernel is using the Linux default 3G/1G
> userspace/kernel split or 4G/4G, but the process had topped 2.5G when I
> went home... When I got home and checked, the process had aborted with
> the message "Out of memory!"

I can easily believe we're not freeing a cache or that there's some
other very legitimate (as in definitely broken) memory leak involved.
The migration tool was really intended as one-off tool that would be
sufficient for most everybody. I'm sorry it's biting you. It may well be
worth prodding at the process to see what specifically is taking up so
much memory and whether that gives you any clues for where to focus your
optimization efforts.

	Jesse