[Rt-devel] RT design question

Todd Chapman rt at chaka.net
Mon Nov 22 11:30:06 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 12:04:48PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 11:23:44AM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:
> > So that is what you would recommend for Asset Tracker ? :)
>
> Without knowing your entire design, it's hard to know.

I am allowing the designation of an owner for each asset, but
unlike Tickets and owner can be a group.

> > It seems strange to me that these Groups with Domain,
> > RT::Ticket-Role  wouldn't be stored in the Tickets table.
>
> What?

I mean for each ticket there are 4 groups, Owner, Requestor,
Cc, AdminCc. Why not store them in the Tickets table?

The only reason I can think of is that the recursive process
of figuring out all members of a group is maybe easier if
the top-level group is also in the Groups table.