[Rt-devel] Customizing Tickets/Update.html to allow setting a custom field?

Tabor J. Wells rt at fsckit.net
Tue Nov 23 17:02:17 EST 2004

My boss wants the Tickets/Update.html page to be customized to allow my RT
users to set one of our custom fields from the Reply/Comment page. By
adding:

<& Elements/EditCustomFields, TicketObj => $TicketObj &>

in the form I can display all of the custom fields (although really I only
need one to be displayed) but selecting a value doesn't actually set it when
the ticket is updated.

I've looked at Modify.html but I'm just not familiar enough with what I'm
looking at to figure out what I need to add to allow the changed custom
field value (these are all select value from a list fields FWIW) to stick on
updating.

Also if there's some way I can just get one field to display instead of all,
I'd love to know how to do that as well.

Thanks,

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                         rt at fsckit.net
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality