[Rt-devel] Customizing Tickets/Update.html to allow setting acustom field?

Tina Schade tina.schade at gmx.de
Wed Nov 24 08:38:57 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tabor J. Wells" <rt at fsckit.net>
To: <rt-devel at lists.bestpractical.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 11:02 PM
Subject: [Rt-devel] Customizing Tickets/Update.html to allow setting acustom
field?

> My boss wants the Tickets/Update.html page to be customized to allow my RT
> users to set one of our custom fields from the Reply/Comment page. By
> adding:
>
> <& Elements/EditCustomFields, TicketObj => $TicketObj &>
>
> in the form I can display all of the custom fields (although really I only
> need one to be displayed) but selecting a value doesn't actually set it
> when
> the ticket is updated.

You must call ProcessTicketCustomFieldUpdate (or so) from Web.pm in
init-Block from Display.html. The init-Block from Display.html contains one
part for creating new tickets and a second part for updating tickets by
reply/ comment. In this part you have to add the methodcall for updating
customfields.
This looks similar like following:

@result = ProcessTicketCustomFieldValuesUpdate(Ticket => $Ticketid, %ARGS);

If you want to show only one customfield, try to implement your own
mason-component. Use the code from editcustomfield.

Best regards,
Tina