[Rt-devel] Re: Contributing to RT.

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 13 12:00:58 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:44:58AM -0400, Todd Chapman wrote:
> Being that I am developing a not insignificant add-on for RT
> I may be more sensitive than most to the problems I see. It
> feels that the community involvement in the direction and
> improvement of RT is more limited than it needs to be.

Todd,

	We're insanely overworked around here (yesterday was an 18
hour work day). I greatly appreciate your patches and feedback and I'm
sorry if I can't respond quickly to every contribution. We're a small,
growing company with three active development branches of our main
product. The pace is somewhat frantic at the best of times.  I _know_
we're not applying patches as fast as everyone might like.  We are in
the process of bringing on more paid staff to help handle maintenance
and updates.

	I'd love to have the resources to answer every question asked,
investigate every bug reported and and test patch sent in by an end
user on each of our four database platforms and three webservers. But we
don't have infinite resources.	And we do have to prioritize the folks
who keep a roof over our heads and food on the table.

	Jesse