[Rt-devel] Multi-instance patch

Oliver Hookins oliver.hookins at anchor.com.au
Sun Dec 18 23:05:59 EST 2005

Not sure if this got through the other day...

Stephen Joyce wrote:

 > Oliver,
 >
 > I am successfully using the multi-instance patch on 3.4.2.  It's great!
 > What sort of trouble did you have applying the patch?

No real trouble applying the patch (although I had to re-jig it as you
did for it to work). I actually ended up applying it to the source
packages from debian and rebuilding debs from it.

The problems I'm having is actually during use. I have set up two users
with databases, and the following in their home directories:

~user/etc/request-tracker3.4/RT_SiteConfig.pm
~user/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi (which is
a link to the system mason_handler.fcgi file).

Then I have virtual hosts in apache set up with different domain names
etc, aliases to direct to the mason handler, and the following line:

FastCgiServer
/home/user/usr/share/request-tracker3.4/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi
-initial-env RT_INSTANCE_PATH=/home/user/

However it seems to be ignoring this environment variable. It accepts
the default settings in RT.pm and thus tries to use a system-wide
configuration (which doesn't exist). If I edit RT.pm and manually
specify the location of the SITE_CONFIG_FILE as one of the user's
RT_SiteConfig.pm files, it will work, but only for that user (regardless
of which virtual host is served up.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,