[Rt-devel] RT 3.4.0 - Problems with Custom Field Type Text truncating values

Scott Hebert scoheb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 11:17:27 EST 2005

The type of the Field Content in ObjectCustomFieldValues is longtext.
>From mysql.com

LONGBLOB  , LONGTEXT

A BLOB or TEXT column with a maximum length of 4,294,967,295 or 4GB
(2^32 − 1) characters. Up to MySQL 3.23, the client/server protocol
and MyISAM tables had a limit of 16MB per communication packet / table
row. From MySQL 4.0, the maximum allowed length of LONGBLOB or
LONGTEXT columns depends on the configured maximum packet size in the
client/server protocol and available memory

My maximum packet size is set to max_allowed_packet = 50M.

Scott