[Rt-devel] 3.4.0rc1 slow

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Sat Jan 8 16:52:11 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 04:01:56PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> I'd love to see suggestions about how we can improve the search UI
> without completely breaking it for users of downlevel browsers. (Which

Well, the problem here seems more to be the number of round trips.
One of my DB guys is looking at how the queries could be altered to
get more in one go, but he's convinced that it needs a great deal of
work to solve.

> right out.) Would people be satisfied if the pick lists for users and
> groups were transformed into text entry widgets?

I think that'd just create a new problem, that you'd end up with
groups and users that are typos.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
		--Roger Brinner