[Rt-devel] Merging tickets cause loss of previous subject line

Steve Neruda neruda at lithik.com
Wed Jul 20 12:51:19 EDT 2005

RT is very careful to maintain full history of what has been done on
an issue (one of the reason it is so great).

One instance however where some information is lost is when tickets
are merged.  I noticed this recently when I merged tickets that where
on the same subject but one of the subject lines contained important
information (the IP address of the server in question) in the subject
line.  After the merge there was no way I could find to get at that
information.

Perhaps it should record the previous subject line in the ticket when
it is merged.  It's rare I merge tickets and that they would have
important information in the ticket subject line but it does happen.

SteveN