[Rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] Enhanced workflow model for RT

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Jul 22 12:56:00 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 09:27:11AM +0300, Mikko Lipasti wrote:
>
>>I wrote an article on this, with a preliminary sketch of a resolution
>>which is pasted below. The entire article can be found at:
>>
>>http://havuharju.blogspot.com/2005/07/enhanced-workflow-model-for-rt.html

>>Has this been done before? I'd rather not re-invent the wheel.
>>

> Done, no, Designed, yes. This is very, very close to something I have in
> my head and on paper but not yet coded.

Reading deeper, I think it's actually more a combination of two
different things I've been looking at: A graph of allowed status
transitions (and the implied ability to customize status per queue) and
the "RulesetWorkflow" on the wiki. Autrijus and I designed Ruleset based
workflow to encompass many of the things you describe in your full document.