[Rt-devel] RTFM 2.1.20 development release

Rudolph Pereira rudolph at usyd.edu.au
Thu Jun 9 19:40:53 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 04:34:53PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > Hi -
> >
> > I'm wondering why the RTFM installation puts stuff in the local directory
> > branch - here's what I get from 'perl Makefile.PL' - everything except the
> > mason stuff goes under local.
>
> That's a Module::Install::RTx-ism. I've recently started helping
> Autrijus out with development on the module. (It's now in the Best
> Practical svn repository). Autrijus, is there a flag to use the
> non-local directories?
I would also very much like Module::Install::RTx to allow installation
directories to be overridden. I've got some local patches to do this,
which I found necessary when packaging up this stuff to run rt+rtir
for debian (i.e deb package creation rather than direct installation),
and would be happy to post them if that's the best
mechanism and people are interested.