[Rt-devel] Question about Type column in table Tickets

Rolf Grossmann rg at progtech.net
Fri Jun 24 08:12:56 EDT 2005

Joop van de Wege wrote:

> Now the question:
> Are there gonna be other types in the ticket table?
> If NO then this line can be removed, if YES can it be disabled until the
> time that there are other types in the ticket table?

If you're using the Approvals feature, there can also be entries with
type approval in the table. This is already possible right now, so the
test can not be removed.

Can you optimize the query in a way, that the test is only done later,
like on the result of the query without that condition? However, even if
you find a solution, I'm not sure, RT's query can be changed to match
that. IMHO it's a serious flaw in Oracle's query optimizer that adding a
condition that's always true significantly slows down a query.

Rolf