[Rt-devel] RTFM architecture questions

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Mar 2 13:42:02 EST 2005

I am studying RTFM design for AssetTracker ideas.

1. RT Mason components often use $session{'CurrentUser'}. Since
RTFM has RT/FM/CurrentUser.pm I would assume that RTFM
components would expect $session{'CurrentUser'} to be an
object of type RT::FM::CurrentUser.

How is it accomplished to that $session{'CurrentUser'} returns
the correct CurrentUser object in RT and RTFM components? Or
is something else going on here?

2. RT/FM/CurrentUser.pm defines sub UserObj which returns
an object of type RT::FM::User. But RT/FM/User.pm doesn't
exist and I can't grep any package statements in other
files.

Where is RT::FM::User?

Thanks!

-Todd