[Rt-devel] Preserving important (untouchable) data

Drew Barnes barnesaw at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu
Tue Mar 29 13:06:43 EST 2005

Lucas F. Rosada wrote:

> In a production server, where some tickets are already in use, what
> tables/data can't be lost when updating the acl, scrips, queues, etc.
> from a development server?
> Is there any tool that guarantees the total integrity of the data when
> updating the queues, scrips, etc from, for example, a database dump?

I tend to go with a little script I call "old-reliable".
#!/bin/sh
# DB - 2-21-05
# Back up the rt3 database

DIR=/root/rt3/backup/`date +%b%y`
FILE=$DIR/`date +%d`_rt3_backup

if [ -d $DIR ]
then
        mysqldump -u backup --password=xxxxxxxx -e --add-drop-table
--add-locks rt3 > $FILE
else
        echo "No such directory.  Creating $DIR..."
        mkdir $DIR
        mysqldump -u backup --password=xxxxxxxx -e --add-drop-table
--add-locks rt3 > $FILE
fi

I then backup my rt3 install and run wild.

DB