[rt-users] Re: [Rt-devel] DBD::Pg 1.41 still a no-go

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sat May 7 12:54:24 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 01:15:14PM +0200, Angelo Turetta wrote:
>

>>I'm testing 3.4.2rc2 on FreeBSD 5-Stable with PostGreSQL 8.02, and I
>>have lot of problems using DBD:Pg-1.41
>>
>>The most visible symptom is that URIs like:
>>
>>     http://rt.mydomain.it/Ticket/Display.html?id=2
>>
>>work less than once every three clicks (returning 'No ticket specified'
>>on the failed attempts)
>>

>How about logs? Any more detail about what's going wrong?
>

>>I know Jesse reported this as a DBD:Pg fault, but is there nothing that
>>could be tried on the code side to work around these incompatibilities?
>>

>The DBD::Pg fault was an  only an issue issue on Pg 7.x, not 8.x. But
>no, there was nothing that we could do. It broke all sorts of
>applications.

I think it may be a bug in 3.4.2.
I'm using exactly the same combination (FreeBSD, Postgres 8.0.2) - but
with RT3.4.1.
I *tried* 3.4.2RC1, but I got the same problems as Angelo and reverted
back to 3.4.1

Can you install 3.4.1 and see if your problems go away?

I didn't see anything in the logs that would have indicated an error.

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~