[Rt-devel] archiving/deleting tickets in RT3

Dowling, Brian BDowling at Kronos.com
Mon May 16 17:39:20 EDT 2005

I too believe this is a very important issue that should be addressed at
some point with some included tools/defined process.

Perhaps RT could be made aware that any TicketID lower than a certain
number should cause it to generate links to the a different system
(maybe using the meta URI stuff).  As long as those tickets are moved
out, they should no longer show up in search results, etc, so the only
place where they would break is references from later tickets.  Of
course many of these displayed references include the
subject/status/owner etc of the tickets, so I am not sure how that would
be handled.

Of course this all may be an over-simplification, with very little
understanding all of the table joins, etc that are performed for
referenced tickets.

To do it right, you would probably also want a way to search the "Entire
RT DB, including archive" from a single search page.

Just my two cents..

Brian