[Rt-devel] RT 3.4.5pre1

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Mon Nov 7 15:06:10 EST 2005

On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 05:22:07PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the first preview release of RT 3.4.5. This is
> NOT a release candidate, though I'd really love to get some feedback on
> it.  The most significant change is to the API used by the Owner
> dropdown box.   In testing, we've had reports of about two orders of
> magnitude performance improvement on the queries we're doing...
>
> This is one of the more significant code changes we've made in RT 3.4
> since its release and I'd really like to make sure that we haven't
> broken the APIs as used by third-party functionality (such as Todd's
> RightsMatrix).  We've still got a backlog of patches to apply before
> 3.4.5rc1, but we're starting down that road.

All my RightsMatrix tests pass. I figured they would as RightsMatrix
doesn't really ever ask for all the users having a specific right.
It tends to ask, "what are all the rights that this user/group/role
has and which ones are directly assigned to the principal and if
they are inherited, how?"

-Todd