[Rt-devel] BUG in ParseQuery ?

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Nov 9 16:15:54 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 03:34:44PM -0500, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 04:01:28PM -0500, Todd Chapman wrote:
> > In Search/Build.html is sub ref ParseQuery with
> > these lines:
> >
> >     my $string  = shift;
> >     my $tree    = shift;
> >     my @actions = shift;
> >     my $want    = KEYWORD | PAREN;
> >     my $last    = undef;
> >
> > Shouldn't @actions be $actions, a ref to an array?
> > The sub goes on to push value onto the arrary but
> > the new values won't be seen outside the sub.
> >
> > If I am correct, it is easy to fix, but then shows
> > shows a deeper bug in the sub.
>
> That looks like a bug. assuming it's being called with an arrayref

Yes, it is. I tried changing it to: my $actions = shift

and changing all the "push @actions ..." to "push @$actions ..."

but then the sub breaks really bad. If you add a custom field
to the query and then do anything that causes parse to run
you get sent to the Advanced page to fix the not really
broken query. Ugly. :)