[Rt-devel] PATCH - History display & performance (ShowTransaction)

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 28 17:35:15 EST 2005

Here's one more suggestion for speeding up the display of transactions. I
noticed that in Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction, the link for displaying an
Email Record is formed by using $Transaction->Attachments->First to get the
attachment ID. This repeats the query to get the transaction attachments
for each transaction. But all the ticket's attachments have already been
cached up front for performance reasons, so this additional query isn't
necessary.

I've attached a patch that gets the attachment ID from the cached list
instead of re-reading it from the database. RT 3.4.2.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood this!

Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)