[Rt-devel] Extending the DB Schema

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 25 14:07:37 EDT 2005

Hi Joby,

We've shied away from modifying core RT tables - we've ben afraid it would
make upgrades much more painful. We've extended some tables by using
attributes instead. You can mod the perl code to make the API look as
though the attributes are fields in the table.

Good luck,
Steve

At Tuesday 10/25/2005 01:54 PM, Joby Walker wrote:
>I'm looking at adding a couple fields to the tickets table and I want to
>make sure I understand how to properly link those fields in with RT and
>DBIx::SearchBuilder.

Hi Joby,

We've shied away from modifying core RT tables - we've been afraid it would
make upgrades much more painful. We've extended some tables by using
attributes instead. You can mod the perl code to make the API look as
though the attributes are fields in the table.

Another alternative would be a new table...

Good luck,
Steve

Stephen Turner
Senior Programmer/Analyst - Client Support Services
MIT Information Services and Technology (IS&T)