[Rt-devel] RE: RT - Java connection

Craig Gallen cg02r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 8 12:48:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have also been looking for a good way to connect a java (J2EE) application
to RT and came across two potentially promising options;

1. The REST interface - which looks like it implements similar commands to
the CLI interface but uses HTTP POST commands
2. The SOAP interface - which has been used for integrating with the open
source Asterisk PBX. I   heard this was in the process of being updated -
but saw no more about it.

Obviously the REST and SOAP interfaces would be better as they could be used
from a remote JAVA application without having to use native calls to the CLI
or Perl code.

Unfortunately having searched intently, I found that neither interface is
documented and it's quite hard to work out what they do or how to use them
from the code. Ideally I don't want to have to learn all of the internals of
RT before I can use an API. They are not mentioned in the new  O Reilly RT
Essentials book. So I to was wondering whether there was a strategic
commitment to keeping these interfaces current in RT and where I could go to
get a run down ( examples?) on how to use them.

Thanks
Craig
University of Southampton