[Rt-devel] BUG SearchBuild links sometimes broken in IE

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Wed Sep 14 21:33:55 EDT 2005

This is rare, I'm sure, but I have found that links such
as "Spreadsheet" generated from Results.html don't work
for IE when the URL is very, very long. This happens if
you have a complex search as lost of custom fields.

Reference: http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/misc/urllength.html

Suggested partial Fix: Change the RT search builder to generate
{__CF.CFName__} instead of {__CustomField.CFName__} for seach
formatting. It's still possible to get in trouble this way
but it would help. Obviously a POST instead of a GET is the
only way to avoid the problem.

-Todd